CITB Construction Skills Site Safety Plus Scheme - Health and Safety Awareness 1 day Course
CITB Health and Safety Awareness
Who should attend?
This course is for those who have or are about to enter the construction and civil engineering industry as a member of the workforce to help them understand the potential hazards that they face at work on site.
This course is an ideal introduction for obtaining a basic understanding of health and safety duties and responsibilities and becoming aware of hazards and risks on site. Upon successful completion of this course a natural progression would be The Site Supervisor's Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) two day course.
Existing site managers, agents, surveyors and persons holding positions of managerial control should attend The Site Management Training Scheme (SMSTS) five day course.
Aim and Objectives
To ensure that individuals responsibilities are understood:
- Why they are carrying out their indentified duties
- What is expected of them
- To ensure that they contribute to the safety of the workplace
And at the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the need to prevent accidents
- Have an understanding of health and safety law
- Identify how their role fits into the control and management of the site
- Understand the need for risk assessments and method statements
- Appreciate the need to perform safely and to stop and ask for advice if not sure
- Feel obliged to report unsafe acts to prevent an accident
The course covers The Health & Safety at Work Act and the regulations relevant to the construction industry. To include:
- General Responsibilities
- Accident Prevention and Reporting
- Health and Welfare Introduced
- Manual Handling
- Working At Height
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Emergency Procedures and First Aid
- Fire Prevention and Control
- Hazardous Substances
- Electrical Safety
- Handheld Equipment and Tools
- Noise and Vibration
- Site Transport Safety
- Excavations and Confined Spaces
It also includes recent changes in accepted working practices. For those who successfully complete the course there is a recognised certificate.
In-house - dates on application
Open Course - see dates below
1 day - 9.00 am to 4.30 pm
In-house on application.
Open Course £125 per delegate + VAT
This price includes lunch, refreshments and all course materials, including the CITB Publication GE 706 at £15.60 and £35.00 for the issue of the CITB Certificate.
Dates and Venues
Please contact us for Dates and Venues
Application and Procedure
Please fill in the online Booking Form where you can also find the terms and conditions. If you require any more information please do not hesitate to contact us.